11.6.17

AN ELIMINATION & CLEAN EATING PROGRAM + MealPlan #2


Well I have already made things complicated with meal planning as Adam and I are about to start an Elimination and Clean Eating Diet although I am calling it a 'Program' not a diet. This is NOT a detox nor a crazy cleanse, we are doing it for health reasons only and nothing to do with losing weight. Both of us have a couple of health issues and although they are not serious and are both manageable we do find that our symptoms increase (pain, lethargy, mood swings and skin issues) when we are not eating well. But hey, we're only human and I do find that when the weather becomes colder the cups of teas increase, moorish treats and cheesey baked meals are on the rise and the crisp salads and cold smoothies decrease. So I am ready to commit to a program that will get us back on track. I find it great to do these types of eating programs once or twice a year to reset your body and to reduce poor eating habits. It gets you organised and gets you back into taking care of yourself! No more just having a couple of pieces of toast with vegemite or cheese or both! for lunch.

At present I have cut my caffeine down to one cup of tea per day. (I shall mourn that beloved piping hot cuppa as soon as I wake)...my max was 3 so I have prepped already to avoid headaches and making those first few days a struggle.
Adam is a coffee drinker so he may cop a caffeine withdrawal headache for the first 2-3 days.

AN elimination diet is usually one for people who are suffering from allergies or symptoms that could be caused by certain foods. The main culprits are Dairy, Gluten, Yeast, Wheat, Eggs, Sugar, Soy, Caffeine, Alcohol....basically EVERYTHING. We have selected the majority of these that we know increase our symptoms. I have been on an elimination diet before and know that I am o.k with Gluten and Eggs (a great source of protein for me).
The things we are cutting out of our diet for 21 days are-

Alcohol
Caffeine
Dairy
Refined Sugar*
Wheat**
Yeast***

*I use a bit of refined sugar in our baking goods so I will substitute using maple, agave and rice syrups.

**I have written wheat instead of gluten as I do not think I have a problem with gluten more the refined carbohydrates is what I am wary of.

***As in instant bakers yeast...I will be introducing nutritional yeast at the end of this program - I still haven't hopped on the nutritional yeast bandwagon and I am excited to get on board!

MEAL PLAN #2


MONDAY-

Us: Veg Chili Bowl w/ Cucumber Salsa, Avocado, Baby Spinach and Corn
Clémentine: Corn, Cheese & Spinach Quesadillas w/ Cucumber Salsa

TUESDAY-
Mujadarra (minus yogurt for Us- extra for Cléme!)

WEDNESDAY-
Sesame & Ginger Soba Noodles w/ Crispy Baked Tofu and Vegetables

THURSDAY-
Pumpkin, Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup.

FRIDAY-
Leftovers - Soup or Soba Noodles

SATURDAY-
Zucchini Pasta w/ Supergreen Pesto & Avocado

SUNDAY-
Us: Roasted Root Vegetables, Baby Peas and Rocket Salad w/ Balsamic Vinegar Dressing and Almonds.
Cléme: Roasted Root Vegetables, Buttery Baby Peas and Sourdough Garlic Bread


You can find our complete weekly eating plan including Breakfast and Lunch in the tab above. This is just for myself and Adam. Clémentine will be able to eat whatever (within reason - no cake for breakfast little lady!) I have made sure I am not creating more than 1 dinner for both of us. There is variations to the meal such as Cléme may have bread with hers and we won't have the dairy in whatever the meal is etc. I have tried to create meals that we can pick and choose what we can and can not have. The key is to be organised!

0 comments:

POPULAR POSTS