29.10.15

HALLOWEEN D.I.Y CRAFT : PAPER CUP GHOSTS

Alrighty peeps! If you have left everything to the last minute for Halloween or have decided to host a small gathering for Halloween and haven't planned a thing (gulp!) , then here's an easy peasy craft for you to do with or without the little critters!! 
So I must admit sometimes I may get a bit like an over enthusiastic parent on a science project and I hear myself say "No don't use the tape like that!" or "I'll draw the eyes" or shamefully even "You're ruining it!". Yes, yes I know how silly this must sound but sometimes I guess craft can be much more fun for the adult than the child (well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). So I back away from the tissue paper and tape and I let the kid make a mess and some AWESOME paper cup ghosts! OOOOOOOooooooooooOOooHHHHH!!!!


This was such a fun craft and Clementine loved watching the ghosties blow in the breeze, she would jump up trying catch them as they tickled the top of her head. We ended up hanging some in the tree in the front garden to spook all the kids tomorrow morning on their way to the school which is across the street. We also made a cut out monster face for the door as well! Clementine also loved playing with them just as ghosty cups on the table, creating little families with a Ghosty Mommy and Daddy, and a Baby Ghost - naaaaaw. Also I had to make quite a few happy ghosts - there was some concern about ghosts looking too sad or angry.

These take about 5 minutes each to make, and making a whole crew of ghosts will give you a craft project for the morning or afternoon.

Ghostly Paper Cups:

Materials:
White Paper Cups
White tissue paper
Black Marker
Skewer to punch hole in top of cup
Tape
Fishing line or string

Use the black marker to draw ghosty faces on the paper cups.
Cut tissue paper into strands, do not cut all the way to the end you want to leave approx a 3cm edge.
Cut your fishing line to desired length.
Pierc a hole in the top (bottom) of your ghosty cup.
Thread fishing line through and secure with a piece of tape on the inside of the cup.
Tape tissue paper strands around the rim of the cup.
Hang wherever your ghosty cup wherever you please.


Happy Halloween!!!

0 comments:

POPULAR POSTS